About Kirkwood Security Patrol

Kirkwood Security Patrol (KSP) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2008 to boost the police presence in the Kirkwood neighborhood of Atlanta, helping to make our community safer for everyone. It’s run by a volunteer board of Kirkwood residents.

KSP partners with the Kirkwood Neighbors’ Organization (KNO) on public safety initiatives, but the two groups are separate entities.

Membership benefits

KSP members have access to off-duty Atlanta detectives who are authorized to make arrests and respond to emergency calls. As a member, you can also request patrols for specific areas or ask for an officer to check on your house while you’re out of town. The more members we have, the more patrol hours we can fund.

Membership is $200 per year for single family homes or $300 for businesses, with discounts available to renters and senior citizens. About 96 percent of KSP’s budget goes directly to the detectives’ salary, with the remaining 4 percent covering tax filing fees, PO box rental, community safety events and administrative expenses.

 
What we did last year

522 patrol hours

522 patrol hours

816 vacation checks

816 vacation checks

10 alarm responses

10 alarm responses

2 lost pups returned

2 lost pups returned